I enjoyed a very busy and productive 2013 Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC) Conference. The annual conference, held in Washington D.C., provided a great opportunity to catch up with acquaintances and to learn about industry trends.
I was appointed by incoming AEJMC President Paula Poindexter to serve as a member of the Strategic Plan Implementation Committee. I was also elected the Midwinter Chair for the Minorities and Communication Division.
I earned a certificate for completing the Commission on the Status of Women mentorship program.
I presented a paper with Baylor graduate student, Poplar Yuan, shown above with two of her friends.
I am excited about the installation of Dr. Paula Poindexter as President of AEJMC. I attended her reception for graduate students, alums, faculty and friends on Aug. 10 at the National Press Club. Photos are below:
- Sunlight Wins AEJMC Journalism Award (sunlightfoundation.com)
- Ed Alwood Wins Top Faculty Paper Award (glbtaejmc.wordpress.com)
- Radical reform? Old-fashioned name? AEJMC and journalism education (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Adam Sharples Wins Top Student Paper Award (glbtaejmc.wordpress.com)
- Aejmc 2013 (criticalstudiesblog.com)
- AEJMC President Poindexter Is Honored at Reception (macnewsletter.wordpress.com)
- Study Analyzes Diversity in AEJMC Leadership (macnewsletter.wordpress.com)
- FREE-lancing: The ethics and economics of paying writers with exposure and a byline, an AEJMC Magazine Division panel (samanshad.com)